Sunday, October 21, 2007

No-cook tacos


I was so tired the other night. Truly, the last thing I wanted to do was cook. Where was Jeeves when you needed him? But, alas, wishing on an imaginary Jeeves won't put dinner on the table. I gave a sigh of resignation, and took stock of my fridge and cupboards. I found a crisp cucumber, an avocado that really needed to be used, some new season cherry tomates and a pack of taco shells. A half smile began to play on my face. "Whoa-ho-ho!", I thought. "I may not cook tonight, but I can certainly come up with the goods for dinner!"

And thus the no-cook taco was born.

No-Cook Tacos


2 taco shells per person
400 gram tin red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 avocado, diced
1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
100 grams cherry tomatoes, quartered
Juice of one lime
100 grams tasty cheese, grated
1 small tub sour cream

1 - In a bowl, mix together the beans, avocado, cucumber, tomatoes and lime juice. Set aside for 15 minutes or so, to allow the flavours to mingle.

2 - When ready, quickly heat the tacos in a hot oven as per the packet directions. Stuff each taco with the bean mix, then top with cheese and sour cream and dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment