Saturday, August 18, 2007

This week's meals

The meals for this week are:
Monday - Eggplant and Green Bean Noodle soup
Tuesday - Curried Pea and Lettuce Soup
Wednesday - Chickpea and Sweet Potato Curry
Thursday - Spanakopita with Green Salad
Friday - Beany Quesadillas

Ingredients required:

Fresh Produce
1 large eggplant
2 large sweet potato
200 grams green beans
1 large head broccoli
1 cos lettuce
3 onions
7 cloves garlic
2 red capsicum
2 handfuls spinach leaves
1 bunch silverbeet or rainbow chard
4 spring onions
1 long red chilli
3 handfuls lettuce mix
1 carrot
1 lime

Coriander
Parsley

5 eggs

250 grams ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
300 grams firm feta cheese
100 grams butter
1 cup grated cheddar
300 grams sour cream

500 grams frozen peas
250 grams frozen spinach
1 packet frozen filo pastry

Dry Goods
Red curry paste
410g tin coconut milk
150 grams flat rice noodles
Hot curry powder
1 litre vegetable stock
2 x 800g tin crushed tomatoes
400g tin chickpeas
Sesame seeds
410g tin red kidney beans
Flour tortillas

Cupboard Staples
Olive oil
Brown rice
Nutmeg
Salt
Pepper
Red wine vinegar
Dijon mustard
Dried chilli flakes

3 comments:

  1. Just cruised over from whipup, where you were featured. Awesome cool site! Just what I need! THANK YOU!

    I'm glad you include so many recipes low in saturated fats and cholesterol -- I was never a worrywort about such things until scary numbers showed up at my medical exam. Now trans fats send me screaming in the other direction.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me Too!

    Please keep it up! I'm a busy vegetarian in NYC and need someone else to do my thinking for me after a long day's work. This way I can do all my shopping on Sunday and just follow the directions when I get home. I'm spreading the word to all my other veg friends, so I hope you are in it for the long haul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another Whipper-Upper, here. I'm so thrilled to have found you - this is just what I've been looking for. And all those recipes look delicious. Can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete